A simple concept. A big impact.
You don’t have to give a lot, alone. You just have to give a little, together.
It’s a simple concept that enables us to make a positive impact in our community, together as a group of like-minded men.
We don’t technically exist. We are not registered. We have no directors, presidents or treasurers. We have no bank account. We have no operating budget, because our members write their cheques directly to the recipient charity. “We”, collectively, are just a group of guys getting together because we care about our community. We are not an entity, but a movement. Our core group of organizers are simply volunteers generously donating their time to try and make a difference.
The goal of the group is to support the wonderful work our local charities do, in funds, exposure, and awareness.
How It Works
- Charities are nominated by the membership. There are eligibility requirements.
- 3 charities are randomly chosen by blind draw from our list of member-nominated charities.
- Representatives from the 3 selected charities will be asked to make a five-minute presentation to the group about that charities initiative and why they are deserving of the group’s vote.
- After the presentations, a ballot is held and the charity with the most votes by simple majority will be the recipient.
- All members must then write out their cheque to the charity with the most votes – no exceptions.
- The selected organization will receive a group donation of $10,000 or more.
- All the cheques are collected by the organizing committee and given to the chosen charity that evening.
- Members who did not vote for the selected organization must make their donation to the charity voted on by the majority of those in attendance.
- If a member misses a meeting, he must either;
- Send in a blank, signed cheque with a trusted fellow member who will be attending.
- Place a blank, signed cheque for $100 (in a sealed envelope marked “100Men”) and drop it off at our convenient (locked) drop-box located at Vagrant Creative: 401 Bishop Drive, Suite 101B (drive to rear parking lot, unit at far end). [ map ]
- Members will receive a tax receipt directly from the organization.
- There is no proxy voting, but members who cannot attend must ensure their blank cheque (in a sealed envelope) reaches their ‘buddy’ or the meeting organizers before the meeting starts.
- Organizations under consideration must serve the Greater Fredericton Area and provide individual tax receipts directly to contributing members.
- The recipient charity is not eligible to be nominated/presented for 2 (two) years. The other two charities may be nominated/presented again after 6 (six) months. The exception is a specific program within a large organization (for example a specific department or program within a hospital), which may be considered again for a different program or department at any time.
- Ties will be decided by a draw.
- The selected organization must agree not to give out member information to any third parties except for tax purposes.
- Each meeting will open with a five minute update on how the funds donated at the previous meeting were used by the successful organization.
- Meetings are diligently conducted in one hour or less (with ample opportunity for networking prior to each meeting).
Please visit our FAQs page to get answers to all your questions!
Where It Happens
To minimize our costs, we depend on the generosity of those interested in hosting our meetings every three months.
If you have a venue and would like to host a meeting, please contact us and we can work out the details.
Maybe you care too…
- If you want to make a big impact your own community…
- If you know that it’s more manly to care…
- If you want to stand together with other men in your community to make a difference…
- If you are a man of your word and can make a commitment…
Please Join Us and we’ll change our community together.